Camden Dezse
Mrs. Belden
Honors English 1
1 November 2015
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
Personal Quote Journal
I chose this quotation because it really speaks about how I truly am and how I've changed since my elementary school days. I live by it, I base my actions on it, and I use it to make decisions. In elementary school, I would always try to be independent. If I didn't get a certain subject, I would just go with the flow and not ask for help. I ended up with bad grades because I didn't get the content. Now, if I don’t get something, my hands shoots straight up and I ask a question. I go to the Math Lab, I go to teachers before school, and I ask my parents for help. I am always looking for helpers, they are all around me and in plain sight, if only I knew that in elementary school. I now believe that you can’t get through life and the hardships of high school alone, but that it is okay to accept help and it is a normal thing. If I were to live every second of my life by this quote, my life would be a disaster. I would be completely dependent on myself and I wouldn't learn to function without any help. Instead of trying to problem solve and use my brain, I would automatically ask for help and not learn anything or gain experience. I wouldn't be able to take a test because if I had just a tiny problem, I wouldn't use context clues to figure it out, I would just ask for help and have everything done for me.
Thanks for sharing this, Camden!
ReplyDelete